Why ACGT is unique
- ACGT is the only public charity in the nation dedicated exclusively to cell and gene cancer therapy research.
- 100% of funds raised by ACGT goes directly to research. Separate funding is provided to cover all administrative and fundraising costs.
- A rigorous grant review by a Scientific Advisory Council ensures that the most promising projects are rewarded.
- Projects are capitalized at unusually high award levels to facilitate meaningful results.
- Professional oversight ensures that funds are directed to meet goals and that methods employed meet the highest standards.
- ACGT has a unique relationship with research institutions whereby ACGT recovers monies from any advancement that is directly attributable to the ACGT awarded research, which will be used for further research.
- Donors have the option to invest in the type of research and/or cancer of most interest.
The ACGT grants program encourages the best scientific minds to pursue cancer gene therapy research through two funds:
- Fund for Advancement awards 3-5 year grants of up to $1 million to Investigators to stimulate the progression towards human trials and medical practice
- Fund for Discovery awards 3-year grants for up to $500,000 to Young Investigators [tenure track assistant professors] seeking new methodologies.